There is something unputdownable about kidney stones. It’s painful. It’s detrimental to your digestive health. It’s stress-inducing. If you don’t treat it on time, the negative impacts on your health could be profound. The good news? We spoke to the top nephrologists in Kolkata, and did the research to help you uncover some crucial factors related to it.
Essential Things to Know about Kidney Stones
Kidney stones refer to very small bits of minerals and several other materials, which end up clumping together in the kidney. Generally, these trigger symptoms as or when they get stuck on the ureter on their way to the bladder. Since they could partly or even completely block the natural flow of urine, and they could trigger excruciating pain.
What Causes Kidney Stones?
There could be several reasons why one could get affected by a kidney stone. However, for each of us, these reasons could vary, depending on different factors. Wondering who can get kidney stones? According to healthcare experts, around ten of us would always have a chance to develop stones in our kidneys. Half of our entire population might suffer from several other nephrological issues. And, around 20 percent of us might endure repeat episodes of terminal kidney infection.
Conditions That Could Predispose Kidney Stones
Some of the most common reasons why we get kidney stones are as follows –
- Not drinking adequate water
- Having a diet that is rich in spicey food, red meat, etc.
- An alarming spike in our weight
- Issus like Gout, etc. could play the catalyst, too
- Genetic predisposition of kidney stones
What are the Symptoms of Kidney Stones?
Stones could stay or even keep floating around inside your kidney without even showing up even the slightest bit of symptoms! Upon blocking the urination path, these could cause severe abdominal pain. This swells up the kidney which affects their filtration.
However, we have carved out some of the most common symptoms that someone with kidney stones may notice. Have a look –
- Excruciating pain right below the ribs, around the lower abdomen area, or in groins
- Severe pain felt at the time of passing urine
- Feeling an urge to urinate constantly
- Cloudy or yellowish urine that smells pungent
- A constant feeling of nausea or vomiting
- A little bit of fever
At the advanced stages, one might even notice blood in their urine. In some cases, the male patients might even feel a slight bit of pricking pain right at the tip of their penises.
How Can You Treat Kidney Stones?
In most of the cases, one does not actually require any treatment. However, as or when things start to get severe and the patients begin to suffer from pain, the requirement of medical diagnosis and assistance would come into play.
As or when a stone blocks the flow of urination, a small surgery would be required. To cut short on the risks of suffering from kidney stones or any other nephrological ailments, you must do the followings –
- Refrain from piling up on extra kilos. Keep a check on your weight
- Consume green veggies, plant-based foods, etc. Avoid red meat, spicy food, etc.
- Say a big no to processed foods! The salt content of processed food might expose you to the risk of excreting more calcium in your urine!
- Start consuming as less sugar as possible. Sugar plays a catalyst in promoting stone development
- Drink a lot of fluids. Drink 2-3 liters of water daily
- Consult your family physician about healthy dietary recommendations. A healthy diet is key to ensuring a healthy kidney and an overall digestive tract.
Despite following the above-mentioned steps, if you’re still coping with nephrological distress, you should immediately consult a doctor. After all, certain health issues should always be left to the medical experts! For More service experts visit: https://www.haarway.com