Many individuals value having pearly white teeth, but with time, eating certain foods will cause your teeth to become stained progressively. The colour of your teeth can be impacted by various items, including soda, coffee, cigarette smoke, and alcohol. With teeth whitening, you can, nevertheless, bring back the original whiteness of your teeth. Here are the list of 10 teeth whitening facts.
- Your teeth absorb things like sponges – Like your skin or a sponge, your teeth have pores. Anything with colour that you put in your mouth will seep into those pores. Smoking, dark berries, wine, and coffee all have a strong staining effect. These stains gradually lighten the natural shade of your teeth. These stains will never go unless you take deliberate measures to remove them. Gel for teeth whitening that has been properly made removes stains from your teeth by gently pushing them out via the pores.
- Your teeth will not be harmed by teeth whitening – Abuse of any kind can be harmful, much like vigorous tooth brushing. However, professional teeth whitening is highly safe when used as directed. Active chemicals are used throughout the whitening process to open pores in your teeth and remove stains temporarily. Your teeth naturally remineralize and moisturize themselves following each whitening treatment.
- The distribution method is crucial to teeth whitening – Similar active chemicals are used to whiten teeth by most solutions on the market. The tool used to hold the whitening agent on the tooth makes a difference. Whether or not your teeth are straight, a custom-fitted whitening tray ensures that every angle of every tooth receives even and constant treatment. Fitted whitening trays, as opposed to boil-and-bite trays, whitening strips, and UV lights, take the chance of irregularities out of the equation and let you keep your gorgeous smile.
- Teeth whitening with laser or UV radiation is only temporary – The frequency of light known as ultraviolet (UV) radiation accelerates the action of the whitening gel. This procedure is FDA-regulated and is only made available when a dentist is present. Even though it whitens teeth very quickly, sensitive teeth cannot use this method. Additionally, the outcomes are transient and must be maintained (often with custom-fitted whitening trays or repeat dental visits). The procedure takes a long time and costs a lot of money.
- Teeth stains cannot be eliminated in a single day – There isn’t a product on the market that can whiten teeth in an instant or a day. Chemically, no teeth-whitening product can safely penetrate that quickly or deeply into the teeth. If this were possible, best dentist NE Calgary would not be properly compensated to make whitening trays specifically tailored to each patient. The whitening procedure can take anywhere from 4 days to several months. Customers with serious stains need to be patient and understand that each whitening session will eliminate years’ worth of stains. It is really simple to maintain once the stains are removed.
- Veneers and caps cannot be whitened – Artificial veneers and caps are made to match the colour of your neighbouring teeth when they are placed. Caps and veneers won’t whiten or stain; the material is generated a darker (or lighter) colour and cannot be changed. Dental work won’t be damaged by teeth whitening.
- You should whiten your teeth as soon as possible before bed – Your teeth are more prone to restaining just after whitening (regardless of the product you use). Your teeth’ pores are a little more permeable and can let stains in easily. Before Smile Brilliant and dental professionals advise bedtime bleaching since it lessens the chance of discoloration and gives your teeth the night to start rehydrating and remineralizing. Smile Brilliant offers desensitizing gel that contains fluoride to remineralize teeth more quickly.
- Not everyone can have pearly white teeth – Regardless of stains, a person’s teeth are born with a natural hue (and genetic makeup) that cannot be changed. A whitening treatment can only be used to eliminate all of the stains that have built up over time. Unfortunately, most dentists won’t tell you this and won’t provide you with a refund if it doesn’t work.
- Some stains are impossible to get rid of – Some people’s teeth are naturally yellow or off-white. They can take a drug that makes their teeth yellow, or it could be a genetic factor. Our teeth frequently get darker as we get older. Whatever the treatment method, surface stains are usually the main focus of teeth whitening. Most tooth whitening procedures frequently cannot remove genetic or deeper discolouration. Most traditional teeth whitening techniques won’t work with these deeper stains, but your dentist may have some solutions for these problems.
- Long-term tooth whitening is possible – It helps to avoid specific foods to obtain the best benefit from teeth whitening. Reduce your wine, coffee, and tea intake and your consumption of curry and sauce. If you find it impossible to give up your favourite beverages, think about sipping them through a straw to prevent contact with your teeth.
What are the benefits of professional teeth whitening?
- Boost self-confidence – Many people are self-conscious about the appearance of their teeth, but you shouldn’t let that stop you from smiling confidently. Cosmetic dental procedures can help you regain your confidence and feel proud to show off your pearly whites. Teeth whitening gives an instant confidence boost, whether for a particular event or just to pamper yourself.
- Affordable and easy to maintain – Teeth whitening is one of the most affordable cosmetic procedures.
- Non-Invasive – On the other hand, teeth whitening is simple and inexpensive, and the amazing effects speak for themselves. All year long, sparkling white teeth will help you make a fantastic impression, and studies have shown that people typically see those who smile positively as younger than they are.
- Inspiration to improve dental care – Following a professional whitening procedure, patients frequently report feeling more motivated than ever to care for their oral health. Regular dental appointments, flossing, and twice-daily brushing will help achieve long-lasting, favourable oral health and beauty results.
Enhance your smile here at Oasis Smile Dental. To know more about our teeth whitening service, call us at 587-353-9393 to book an appointment.