Both males and females can undergo urological issues. Some of them are common, but others aren’t. Seeking medical guidance helps you optimally heal the problem. This blog shares information on erectile dysfunction – impotence to keep erectile proper for intercourse.
At times, experiencing erectile dysfunction/ ED might not be so alarming. Still, you can consider telling a doctor. However, ongoing ED definitely pinpoints an underlying cause. This condition can be either concerning or not. In order to identify the cause, you might consider the leading urologist doctor in Kolkata.
Come Out Of Stress And Get Medical Advice
Is Erectile Dysfunction a Serious Condition?
Erectile dysfunction, also termed impotence, is a common urological problem in men. But that doesn’t define ED as a non-serious condition. Findings have stated the prevalence of this disorder is 76.5%.
Age has a role in ED. Men over the age of 70 are more likely to have impotence. Also, men at 50 may develop the chance as well. Apart from age, the most prominent factors that can put you at risk of ED can be existing health conditions.
Did you know ED itself can be an underlying condition of some diseases? Yes, it can be! Access to early diagnosis safeguards your health against hazards. Let not the feeling of embarrassment isolate yourself. Step forward and get your check-ups done for promising recovery.
Symptoms of ED/Erectile Dysfunction
Given below are significant signs of ED:
- Problem getting an erection
- Getting an erection but inability to make it last longer
- Decreased libido (low sex desire)
- Not being able to get an erection
When To See a Urologist?
You can initially talk to a physician. If your doctor refers you to a urologist, go for it. You can also directly contact a urologist for your well-being. Make sure that you don’t delay visiting a doctor.
Difficulty getting an erection is often an indication of other health conditions. And you have to be mindful of that fact. You can schedule an appointment with a reputed urologist doctor in Siliguri.
What Leads to Erectile Dysfunction?
The following are some of the causes of erectile dysfunction:
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Clogged blood vessels
- High cholesterol
- Multiple sclerosis
- Metabolic syndrome
- Sleep disorders
- Low testosterone levels
- Parkinson’s disease
- Injuries to the pelvic region
- Alcohol/drug abuse
- Tobacco consumption
- Anxiety disorder
- Relationship issues
Certain Medications to Cause ED
- Muscle relaxants
- Chemotherapy medications
- Parkinson’s disease drugs
Brain, nerves, hormones, blood vessels, muscles, and psychological factors play a role in males’ arousal. Talk to your urologist to resolve your urologic conditions at the earliest. You can also speak to an andrologist for ED or all types of male reproductive health difficulties.
Knowing the Risk Factors for ED
Let’s have a look at what may contribute to erectile dysfunction:
- Older age increases the likelihood of ED.
- Being overweight can be a prominent risk factor for impotence.
- Tobacco consumption obstructs the normal blood flow to that part of your body.
- Injuries to the pelvis affect the arteries and nerves that regulate erection.
- Alcohol consumption over time influences the messengers in your brain that send signals to the penis to get enlarged and filled with blood.
- Heart disease, anxiety, high cholesterol, hypertension, diabetes, depression, reduced testosterone levels can affect erection.
- Drug abuse (cocaine, nicotine, methadone, marijuana, opiates) may worsen or cause ED.
Any Link Between Erectile Dysfunction and Obesity?
Several studies have associated obesity with the risk of erectile dysfunction. Obesity might play havoc with your entire health – heart health, brain, throat, liver, pancreas, lungs, reproductive system – elevating the risk of ED.
Therefore, weight management is of utmost importance. Diabetes, high cholesterol, hypertension, and heart disease can result in ED on their own. Visit your medical health expert to get guidance on weight loss tips.
Be sure to reduce extra body weight in a befitting way. Refrain from ways that ensure overnight results! A healthy lifestyle is ideal for losing excess body fats – listen to your specialist.
Can Erectile Dysfunction Cause Infertility?
Impotence/ED, generally, does not have an outright effect on male fertility. But it can bring about an unsatisfactory sex life. Other complications of ED may include stress, embarrassment, depression, and low self-esteem.
Male infertility is a condition referred to as when you can’t get your female partner pregnant. Struggle with conceiving in men revolves around – poor sperm quality, abnormalities in sperm motility, low sperm in the semen, swelling of testicular veins, ejaculation issues, tubal defects that transport sperm, hormonal imbalance, et al.
Hence, ED can affect conceiving. Or, it may keep you from sexual intercourse out of stress/embarrassment. If you have been suffering from this condition, it’s high time you should have seen your urologist. For out-and-out quality recovery, you might visit the leading urologist doctor in Siliguri.
Ways to Prevent ED/Erectile Dysfunction
Boost your urologic health to reduce the risk of ED with:
- A wholesome diet that is rich in nutrients helps strengthen your overall wellness. You can get such a diet chart from your specialist.
- Regular workouts are vital! Day-to-day yoga/exercise keeps body weight in check, reduces the risk of diseases, aids in a healthy mood, elevates energy, improves sleep quality, benefits reproductive health, and so forth.
- Stress management is of immense significance. Take action to cope with stressful events; connect with your medical health care provider.
- Quitting substance dependency is essential for your general health. Alcohol, smoking, drug use encourages the development of a host of health problems. And that might trigger your reproductive system.
- Medical care for existing medical situations – anxiety, stress, depression, hypertension, diabetes – and other health conditions can relieve the symptoms of ED.
Make sure to seek advice from a trusted source. Or otherwise, random guidance on treating ED may interfere with the healing process. And the longer you delay, the greater your problem will become. Avail of medical help early on to avoid complications coming your way.
Heal Erectile Dysfunction Under Medical Supervision
Diagnosis & Medical Assistance
Your urologist/andrologist may go for:
- A physical exam that is the very first step to diagnosing the condition. Here your doctor listens to your heart and lungs. Then the urologist evaluates your blood pressure, penis, and testicles.
- A rectal examination can take place that helps your doctor rule out if there’s any problem in your prostate gland.
- Examining your current symptoms or asking questions regarding how long you have been living with this problem, or if you have stress/anxiety issues.
- Blood tests to rule out hormone levels, the signs of diabetes, cholesterol, heart disease, and other health concerns.
- A urine test helps check diabetes, urine infections, and other health conditions.
- An ultrasound is to examine the blood vessels that are responsible for penile blood flow.
There are other tests as well to monitor the disorder. Not everyone needs to undergo all of them. For an apt diagnosis of all ranges of urological problems, reach out to the best urologist doctor in town. Receive standard urology treatment in Kolkata to improve your urinary health.
Medical treatment depends upon what leads to erectile dysfunction in you. An andrologist/urologist may recommend – oral medications, evidence-based therapy, penile injections, penile implant/surgery. Psychological counselling helps you with your anxiety, mood disorders, and stress. Besides such treatments, you need to be attentive to your lifestyle as guided by your doctor.