In QuickBooks Desktop, the 6000 series of errors frequently appear when opening the company file. These issues can affect QuickBooks in both multi-user and single-user settings, and since they tend to occur for the same reasons most of the time, resolving the issue may prove difficult. If corrective action is not performed right away, QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80 may have a negative impact on QuickBooks data. We advise you to perform all of the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article in order to completely eliminate the possibility of losing your crucial business data. You can ask one of our Certified QuickBooks Desktop Experts for assistance if you are not skilled in Windows troubleshooting.
Data security risks exist when company file issues are fixed without prior troubleshooting expertise! Call the error support line at +1-(855)-738-0359 for immediate help.
What is QuickBooks Error 6000 80?
The majority of the 6000 series errors, including QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80, are connected to the company file and appear when you attempt to open the company file in QuickBooks. When you run into the error, Windows will display the message “Error -6000, -80: An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to retrieve the company file.” Users are advised to get in touch with the support staff for assistance. However, if you are familiar with basic Windows troubleshooting, you may easily follow the solution provided in this article without needing to contact support. Just be sure to follow each troubleshooting step in the order carefully it is listed.
May Also Read Related Post: Error 103 QuickBooks Online
Signs that QuickBooks Error 6000 80 has occurred
- You can observe frequent crashes in both Windows and QuickBooks Desktop.
- Your screen can display an error message with the error code 6000 80.
- Your system’s slow performance is another sign that you’ve received error 6000 80.
- If you notice that without warning, your computer is freezing.
Causes of QuickBooks Desktop Error Code 6000 80
The connection fault between the host and client computers that prevents the user from opening the company file is the most frequent cause of the QuickBooks error 6000 80. The following are a few additional causes of QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80:
- As performing this action via the network can result in QuickBooks Desktop error 6000 80, you must always convert or restore the QuickBooks data on your local storage.
- The firm file is hosted by multiple systems in the network.
- The client’s workstation is unable to establish a connection with the server due to an erroneous network configuration.
- You are attempting to open a corrupt corporate file.
- QuickBooks cannot access the firm file on the network because of Windows Firewall or other security software.
Read Related Post: QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241
Troubleshooting for Single User Mode for QuickBooks Company File Error 6000 80 Solutions
Solution 1: Use QuickBooks File Doctor to fix company file damage
- To get QuickBooks Tool Hub, click the link.
- Run the Tool Hub software installer file by going to the downloads folder.
- Install the Tool Hub software by adhering to the on-screen directions and accepting the licence agreement.
- Launch Tool hub by double-clicking the desktop icon or using the Start menu.
- From the left-hand menu, select the Company File Issues tab.
- Select QuickBooks File Doctor and then the appropriate choice to restore the data damage.
- You will need to restore the most recent backup of your company file to rectify any errors you encounter when repairing the data damage.
- Follow step 2 for comprehensive directions on recovering the backup data. Using our post, restore your QuickBooks Company File 6000 80.
Solution 2: Update and Restore the Company File from Local Storage
- Copy the file and paste it into your computer’s local storage if the company file is kept on the cloud or another network machine.
- Now open the corporate file from your system’s local storage.
- Copy the backup file from these locations and paste it on your desktop if you’re attempting to restore the backup of your QuickBooks data from your network or online storage.
- Open QuickBooks now and choose Open or Restore Company from the File tab.
- Choosing Restore Backup, then selecting Next.
- Click OK after selecting the backup file from the desktop.
- To restore the backup file, do as instructed.
How to Fix Multi-User Mode Issues
First Step- Repair a damaged or corrupt QuickBooks company file
- Open the Company File Issues tab in QuickBooks Tool Hub once more.
- When it asks you to choose the repair type, only choose the company file when you pick QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Select the necessary settings to continue the file repair procedure.
- Re-access the file to see if the error 6000 80 is fixed after the corporate file issues have been fixed.
Second Step- Fix Network Connection Issues
- Launch QuickBooks File Doctor and choose the Network errors repair option.
- To immediately reconfigure the network automatically, adhere to the on-screen instructions.
Third Step- Reset the Windows Firewall configuration
- Follow the Exclude QuickBooks from the Software Scan List step from our article on error 6094 for comprehensive information on configuring Windows Firewall and third-party security software to permit QuickBooks to connect with the company file.
When opening the company file, if you continue to receive QuickBooks Desktop Error 6000 80, we may need to perform more complex troubleshooting. Our QuickBooks specialists employ specialized technologies to identify the root of the issue and offer a speedy fix. For quick support, dial Desktop Phone Number +1-(855)-738-0359.
May Also Read About: QuickBooks Error Code Ps038