In providing top-notch accounting tools that aid in effectively managing business finances, QuickBooks has established a strong reputation. A problem known as a buffer overflow exception typically arises when an application tries to store data that is larger than a memory block can accommodate. An error notice containing the following details will be displayed when the How to Fix BEX error in QuickBooks occurs:
“QuickBooks has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem”.
Once you understand the underlying reasons of the QuickBooks Bex Error, you can quickly fix it. You must carefully study the blog post from beginning to end if you are one of those who encounters the error.
Looking for straightforward strategies to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Bex Error? Reach out to our professionals at the toll-free number (855)-738-0359 to receive the best support available.
Important Factors that May Cause a QuickBooks Desktop Bex Error
Damage to Windows components like Visual Basic C++ and.NETFramework are what cause the QuickBooks Desktop Bex problem. However, there are a number of additional causes that could result in the mistake, some of which are described below:
- It might happen as a result of Windows Operating System damage.
- The incorrect installation of QuickBooks Desktop could be another factor.
- When the QBWUSER.ini is damaged or corrupted, it may occasionally occur.
- Additionally, it could happen if the name of the company file is longer than necessary.
Related Post: Error Code 40003 QuickBooks
Solutions That Work To Fix The QuickBooks Bex Error
Are you weary of looking for simple and reliable solutions to handle QuickBooks Bex Error? You must go through the solutions indicated below in order to fully resolve the issue:
Solution 1: Get the most recent Windows updates as a first step.
- Press Windows + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialogue box.
- Select the “Control Panel” option after typing it in.
- Go to the Control Panel and click Windows Update. Select the Check For Updates option after opening it.
- Download all of the most recent Windows updates that are available on your PC, then select the Install Now option.
- Restart your computer after successfully installing all the updates, and then try to install the QB Desktop application.
Know More About: QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery
Solution 2: Give the QuickBooks Company File a New Name: –
There are times when the QuickBooks Bex Error is brought on by an issue with the file QBWUSER.ini. Use the following methods to rename the file to solve this issue:
- Open the Windows File Manager by pressing Windows + E on your keyboard, and then navigate to the QuickBooks folder on your system’s local drive by entering the path: ” Users [user name] AppData Local Intuit QuickBooks.”
- Once you’ve located the QBWUSER.ini file, right-click on it and give it a new name by appending.old to the end. Additionally, after giving the file a new name, save it.
- Finally, try reopening the QuickBooks Desktop application to see if the problem is still present.
We hope that by the time we reached the end of this blog post, you have enough knowledge about the “How to Fix BEX error in QuickBooks“. The troubleshooting steps should also help you end the error once and for all. After trying the suggested workarounds, if the issue still exists, get in touch with a (855)-738-0359 QuickBooks expert.
Also Read: QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241