Many people who have their body weight within range still struggle to remove a layer of problematic fat in some areas of the body like the abdomen, thighs, arms, and buttocks. Luckily, they can well be addressed by liposuction, also referred to as liposculpture suction, lipectomy, or lipoplasty!
Liposuction is one of the routine cosmetic surgical procedures performed at AK Aesthetics by the Best Plastic Surgeon in Jaipur, Dr. Akangsha Sharma. It is mostly practiced in men and women who want to get rid of stubborn subcutaneous fat deposits from different body areas, which are not settled, by proper diet and exercise. Across the globe, liposuction is considered the popular technique to achieve an ideal figure which is much slimmer and smoother. It must not be regarded as a substitute for bariatric surgery or weight loss but can be sometimes used for medical purposes.
The operation is performed under general anesthesia. It involves making a small cut through which a cannula (a hollow instrument) is inserted under the skin. The movement of the cannula breaks up the excess undesirable fat which is further eliminated from the body with the help of a powerful, high-pressure vacuum.
The most targeted areas of the body where liposuction can be done:
Liposuction can be performed on various body sites at the same time. It can even be done in combination with other cosmetic surgeries. However, the most commonly requested areas for liposuction include:
- Abdomen- Liposuction can be carried out on the lower abdomen (muffin top) as well as the upper abdomen (the area between the belly button and ribs). When performed on a muffin top, it can result in a subtle tight and toned belly while on the upper abdomen it helps create a smooth transition between ribs and navel. Hence, the patient achieves a slimmer, sleeker abdominal profile. The procedure cannot be a success if the skin laxity is severe or there is a large amount of belly fat.
- Waist- Both men and women struggle to get rid of unsightly bulges around the waist called “love handles”. However, they can respond very well to a liposuction technique because of their optimal skin elasticity. Patients can experience a notably more defined and contoured reduced waist size.
- Flanks- Flanks are the back end of the love handles which lie in the lower back above the waistline and have great skin elasticity. Liposuction can be done in this area along with the waist to allow females to achieve the desired smooth-contoured midsection transition like the hourglass curves. At AK Aesthetics Best Plastic Surgery Clinic in India many women opt for love handles removal liposuction surgery to achieve the toned looking body shape.
- Buttocks- It is usually desirable to have some fats in the buttocks region but if they are present in excess they can contribute to an ugly figure. Liposuction can help in the removal of these surplus fats to reduce the unsightly dimpling and provide a more proportionate, deflated figure with rounder, well-defined buttocks.
- Upper arms- As people (particularly women) grow older, they might get affected by loose fat skin under their upper arms which provides an appearance of bat wings. An unpleasant arm jiggle could even be possible if the person is not overweight or obese due to a lack of muscle tone. Liposuction leaves the patients with firmer, toned, more youthful upper arms that they can feel confident in.
- Hips- Most women undergo liposuction to smoothen and shape out their hips area in order to achieve a curvy feminine silhouette.
- Chest- Liposuction is commonly performed in males to reduce the size of enlarged male breasts is gynecomastia patients. It is also done in older men who have suffered from a loss of muscle mass and desires removal of their excess, undesirable fat in the chest area. For some women, liposuction can help in providing a minimally invasive, no-scar subtle breast lift.
- Face- Liposuction can help get rid of excess fats from chubby/chipmunk cheeks, under the double chin, and neck areas to provide a more defined and slimmer appearance.
- Thighs- Liposuction can benefit three sections of thighs: outer thighs (saddlebags) to improve the patient’s overall shape; inner thighs to create a gap between the thighs when standing; and posterior thighs (banana roll) to give a more defined, firmer buttocks. Hence, it provides more toned, smoother-shaped legs.
- Back- Most women feel conscious of the excess fat deposits in their back called “back or bra rolls” that are pulled under or over the area where the bra is worn. Liposuction can help eliminate these areas which are thick and forgiving.
- Lower legs- Liposuction is challenging in this area because there is a need to reshape the entire lower legs and achieve natural-looking proportions. Ankles and calves with little deep fat pockets can also be carefully treated to avoid creating any irregularities in their looks.
To get the benefits of popular cosmetic and plastic surgery treatment in Jaipur, one can consult Dr. Akangsha Sharma at AK Aesthetics today!