India is a cost-sensitive country, and it’s no secret that people here are extremely cautious when it comes to pricing, from clothing to real estate, and from birth to cremation. Whether it is IT or business process outsourcing from the west or medical transcription related employment, India has traditionally been linked with low cost. The same can be said about healthcare, which of course includes aesthetic operations such as hair transplantation.
Let us first define hair transplant: it is a minimally invasive surgical treatment that involves transplanting hair follicles (with permanent roots) from selected donor locations of the patient’s body to the target bald site to treat permanent baldness or hair loss. It is generally completed in a single session and is performed under local anaesthetic. Hair follicles are taken from the back and sides of the head, as well as the chest and beard in some circumstances. Hair follicles are always transplanted at the target place following a hairline design in order to preserve proper angulation and spacing and achieve a natural appearance after surgery.
Hair transplantation is now available in all of India’s major cities, particularly in the two main centres of New Delhi and Jaipur. Hair transplant in Jaipur has become extremely popular, attracting patients from all around the city, as well as from neighbouring states and even overseas tourists. The key reason for this is the city’s presence of world-class surgeons with well-established practises. In a parallel universe, various commercial establishments offer hair transplantation but make significant quality compromises. As a result, it’s critical to focus on choosing authentic and genuine clinics when looking for hair transplant in Jaipur, rather than falling prey to commercial clinics that lack transparency.
When compared to same quality treatment in the United States, United Kingdom, or even the United Arab Emirates, hair transplant cost in Jaipur, and indeed in India, is quite inexpensive. As a result, India enjoys a significant cost advantage in hair transplantation.
However, as Indians, we are always looking for a low-cost or cost-effective solution, but first, let’s look at what elements influence the cost of hair transplantation.
Hair Restoration Principle
The method entails removing certain hair roots from a chosen area (which have permanent hair roots) and surgically implanting them at the bald spot. After a comprehensive examination and diagnosis of your scalp, as well as the underlying condition of hair loss, degree of baldness, and treatment choice, your surgeon can best determine how much the therapy will cost.
Determining the cost of hair transplant
Let’s look at some of the aspects that influence the price:
- In-house surgeon: Prices vary depending on the surgeon’s qualifications and profile, for example. A super specialised surgeon (MCh) may charge slightly more than a semi-skilled or less specialised surgeon simply because of their higher qualifications and knowledge in the field, but this is actually an investment in the procedure because the deep content knowledge that comes with super specialisation only improves and protects the patient.
- Clinic Reputation: A surgeon with a wide range of experience in the field and who uses more advanced technological instruments and procedures will undoubtedly be more expensive than a pure commercial clinic that uses only one approach for each patient. Similarly, the surgeon’s and clinic’s reputations would clearly warrant a higher fee because they have been earned and are a clear indicator of excellent treatment protocols and superior results. However, this should be viewed as an investment rather than merely an expense.
- The extent of baldness: Because high-grade baldness necessitates more hair follicles to cover the area and thus more work to align the follicles, the cost of therapy is directly proportionate to the extent of baldness. Furthermore, in cases of progressive hair loss, the donor area may be depleted, requiring your surgeon to tap into other donor locations such as chest hair, so complicating and increasing the expense of the treatment. Furthermore, if it is a re-work case, the odds are high if the earlier operation was bungled.
- Hair transplant technique: There are two hair transplant techniques available, which differ in terms of how the grafts are harvested. FUT hair transplant is typically less expensive than FUE hair transplant. The reason for this is that the latter requires individual extraction of each hair follicle, which takes longer than the former.
- Hair transplant type: Facial hair transplants are more expensive than scalp hair transplants since the process on the face is more complex and requires more aesthetics and effort.
Medispa hair transplant clinic in India provides the greatest hair restoration services and has been providing excellent hair transplants to hair loss sufferers since 2005. They have successfully treated a large number of patients from Dubai, the Middle East, and even the United States, and have garnered widespread praise and favourable feedback. The clinic guarantees that all clinical and hygienic regulations are strictly followed, resulting in a safe and clean environment. Dr. Suneet Soni, the proprietor of Medispa, is one of the top hair transplant surgeons not just in India but also throughout the world, and has received international recognition for his work. He boasts India’s top surgical accreditation, and his differentiating talent is his artistic, impeccably designed hairline.