If you do Bhastrika Pranayama daily, you can remain physically as well as mentally healthy. Bhrastika Kumbhaka benefits every part of the body. So let us know how Bhastrika makes our lungs strong.
Our diaphragm is used in this asana.
Yoga instructors say that Bhastrika means blacksmith’s bellows (a leather bag made of firewood). This sequence fills in and releases the air completely. Similarly, in Bhastrika Pranayama, we fill the air completely in the body and release it completely. The diaphragm of our body is used to perform this asana. Hence it is called Bhastrika Kumbhaka. It is also called pranayama of yogis.
A Yoga Teacher Training India is a great way to gain in-depth knowledge about different yoga asanas & meditation techniques.
Benefits of doing Bhastrika Pranayam:-
Balance: Vata, Pitta, Kapha all three are balanced due to this, due to which people do not have minor diseases with the development of immunity.
- Oxygen supply is better: By doing Bhastrika Pranayama, every cell of the body gets plenty of oxygen, due to which every cell gets plenty of nutrition. This is good for your health.
- Increases Immunity: With regular use, immunity also increases. By doing Bhastrika Pranayama, our body remains healthy like an athlete.
- Makes the mind sharp: Bhastrika Pranayama has a great effect on our brain. The brain itself uses 20 percent of the body’s oxygen. If we have a problem of anxiety or we are reading or thinking more, or spending more brain then the brain needs more oxygen. In such a situation, it can be fulfilled by Bhastrika Pranayama. Even if you are not doing Bhastrika, then taking a long breath in will give relief. If you do Bhastrika regularly, then you can remember something for a long time, your mind will become sharp, the mind will be concentrated. Can learn and understand things very closely. This is the reason why young children are advised to do Bhastrika Pranayama.
- Increases Memory Power: Memory weakens with increasing age. This kills the neurons. By doing Bhastrika Pranayama, the neurons remain fine. This gives rise to new neurons. This does not reduce our memory power. Smelling with Bhastrika increases power.
- Improves Endocrine System: Bhastrika Pranayama massages the endocrine system, which heals it. If the activity of its gland is less then it increases. If it is increased then it decreases.
- Lungs are fully used: Those who do not do hard work with the body, a large part of the lungs is not used. Due to this, phlegm, mucus etc. keep accumulating in it. By doing Bhastrika, we make full use of our lungs. Due to this, phlegm does not accumulate in the lungs. This gives more life and more energy to the body. Your vitality increases.
- Strengthens Digestive Power: Bhastrika has a great effect on the cardiovascular system. There are many more benefits than this. It also strengthens the digestive power. In Bhastrika Pranayama, the breath is inhaled and exhaled with velocity. Due to this, the exchange of carbon dioxide and oxygen in our blood happens very fast, due to which the metabolism becomes very fast and also increases. By this you will start losing weight. This bhastrika is very beneficial for sugar patients.
- Removes Toxins: By doing Bhastrika Pranayama, the stomach expands completely and goes inside. Due to this, the inner argon gets massaged and all the toxins of the body get out through urine, overall, this pranayama is considered very important in removing the toxic substances of the body.
- Strengthens muscles and bones: We eat a lot of nutritious food. Yet our muscles and bones are not strong. This happens because the nutrients do not reach every part of our body. With Bhastrika Pranayama, the benefits of nutrients reach every organ.
- Food is consumed in the body: If you do Bhastrika Pranayama regularly and your food is roti, vegetables, and rice. But due to Bhastrika Pranayama, you get cashew, raisins, dates and benefits from this food. Because of this your normal food also becomes more nutritious. Whatever food you consume, it will be felt in your body.
- Improves Skin: We live in a highly toxic environment. Due to this, they enter our body through our food, water, breath and cause harm to the body. If we do Bhastrika Pranayama regularly, it also detoxifies all our cells with oxygenation. Due to this our skin is good. It is very beneficial for the patients of psoriasis. The skin gets glowing, it looks very attractive in appearance.
If you are willing to learn different types of yoga along with keeping your body healthy, you can learn 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, India.
Learn how to do this asana :-
- first sit up straight
- keep spine and neck straight
- Keep the mind calm before doing the asana
- After this, now you have to inhale through both the nostrils and exhale through both the nostrils.
- don’t breathe using force
- make no sound while breathing
- Take longer to exhale than we take to inhale
- Like we take 10 seconds to inhale, then take 11 to 12 seconds to exhale
- The breath has to be kept inside for some time. Always do this pranayama in an open and clean environment.
Before doing yoga, take training from a yoga instructor:-
By doing yoga, you can keep the body healthy and balanced. But before that it is necessary to take training from a yoga instructor. Because every person’s body is different, many people get sick and many remain healthy. To do yoga well, it is better to do yoga under the guidance of an expert first. So that wherever you are making mistakes, yoga instructors correct your mistakes.