When a user attempts to restore the company file from a backup, the infamous QuickBooks Error Code 6123, 0 appears. The problem disrupts the activities of the QuickBooks company file and emerges out of nowhere with no prior warning. The troubleshooting techniques described in this article can be used to quickly fix the variables and technical issues that are the cause of QuickBooks Desktop problem 6123. You may save a lot of time by determining the causes of errors, so we’ve also provided a list of the most frequent causes of QuickBooks error codes 6123 and 0. For comprehensive troubleshooting information, read the tutorial in its entirety.
Because QuickBooks Error 6123 involves company data and has the potential to result in permanent data loss, it must be addressed carefully. Call our support line at +1 (855)-738-0359 for Direct Assistance from Certified QuickBooks Experts.
What is Error Code 6123, 0 in QuickBooks?
When the error code 6123 occurs in the QuickBooks Desktop application, the message “Error: -1623, 0” is displayed. We apologise, but QuickBooks is unable to open the company file. Users are also instructed to run QuickBooks File Doctor and update QuickBooks Database Server Manager as part of the usual troubleshooting steps to fix company file issues. Sadly, basic troubleshooting alone isn’t always sufficient to remove error codes like 6123, 0 and you’ll need to do more troubleshooting to fix the problem. The following describes the error as it appears in QuickBooks:
Problem Connecting to Server
Error: -6123, 0
We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file.
Here are a couple of ways to fix the problem:
- Run the QuickBooks File Doctor.
- Make sure your server is set up for the QuickBooks Database manager.
Important: Update QuickBooks and manually backup your company file to a secure location before attempting to troubleshoot the mistake to prevent data loss in the event of a mishap.
Read More: QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 15241
What Results in a 6123, 0 QuickBooks Company File Error?
The following factors are to blame for QuickBooks Desktop issue 6123.
- One of the common causes of QuickBooks displaying error message 6123 is the use of an outdated QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Damaged QuickBooks company files are responsible for various other 6000 series issues in addition to error 6123 in QuickBooks.
- You can see error 6123 in QuickBooks if you attempt to restore the backup from an online storage provider like Dropbox.
- if the Windows version of QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not active.
NOTE: QuickBooks company files can only be viewed through the QuickBooks Desktop application; if you attempt to double-click a company file in Windows Explorer to open it, QuickBooks will give you error code 6123. Ensure that you are utilising the QuickBooks Desktop application to access the file.
Top 5 Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6123,0 Connecting to Server:-
1 Step: Run the QuickBooks Desktop Update
If QuickBooks Desktop is not kept up to date, it not only invites mistakes but also leads to decreased performance. By keeping QuickBooks updated, you can be certain that software is free of bugs and other problems that could detract from the end user experience. Follow our article How to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Released Version for detailed instructions on how to do this for QuickBooks Desktop. The next troubleshooting step should be used if updating QuickBooks did not solve error 6123 in the company file.
2 Step : Install and open the QuickBooks Tools Hub
The QuickBooks Tool Hub is a collection of various tools that may be used to fix practically every mistake that QuickBooks faces, as you may already be aware. Fast Fix A utility called My Program was created to update QuickBooks installations and re-register the installation files, which aids in removing common company file and programme errors like error 6123. Download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub using the steps below to execute Quick Fix. My Software Tool
- Download QuickBooks Tools Hub by clicking HERE.
- Exit can be accessed from the File menu to quit the QuickBooks Desktop programme.
- Open the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe setup file that was downloaded from the download site.
- To finish the installation, adhere to the instructions on the installation wizard screen.
- On your desktop, click twice on the QuickBooks Tools Hub icon.
- From the left pane, select the Program Problems tab, and then click Quick Fix my Program.
- Close the tool after the application has been fixed, then restart QuickBooks.
- Take a backup of your firm file and try to determine if the problem has been fixed.
If the problem code 6123 in QuickBooks Desktop is bothering you, it means the company file has been damaged and can be repaired by starting QuickBooks Desktop File Doctor. Take the next action.
May Also Read: Intuit Download Manager Error
Step 3: Run QuickBooks File Doctor to repair damaged files after downloading it.
Follow our article How to Fix Damaged Company File or Network Using QuickBooks File Doctor for detailed instructions on downloading and running QuickBooks File Doctor.
If you can now access the business, the problem has been fixed. Follow the next troubleshooting step for a quick repair if you encounter the same error when restoring the company file from an external storage device.
4 Step: Restore the backup from local storage.
- Go inside the QuickBooks company file folder to find the backup file folder, which is typically there.
- Look for the file with the same name as your company file but a.qbb extension.
- Transfer the backup file to your computer’s local storage.
- Restore the company file that you migrated to local storage by opening QuickBooks now.
- QuickBooks Error 6123, 0 must be occurring as a result of restoring the company file on a new computer if it continues to occur. If you encounter problem 6123 when restoring the company file on a new PC, proceed to the next troubleshooting step.
You may also Read this blog: Quickbooks Condense Data Utility
Step 5: Use the portable company file to restore the backup.
Occasionally, QuickBooks only permits you to restore the company file on the same device as the backup file was created owing to security concerns. Whenever you attempt to restore the backup file. qbb on a different computer from the one where it was originally installed, you can encounter QuickBooks error 6123. Making a portable corporate file is the answer to this problem. qbm as opposed to the standard backup file. qbb. To swiftly fix the problem, adhere to the directions below:
- On the outdated device where you made the backup, launch QuickBooks and select the File tab.
- Create a copy, then select Create Portable Company File.
- After entering a name for the company file, click Next.
- Click Save and OK after choosing the location to save the company file.
- To restore the backup, transport the portable business file to the new machine.
- Open QuickBooks, choose File from the menu, then select Restore a Portable File before pressing Next.
- Click Open after selecting the portable business file with the.qbm extension.
- Read the Where do you want to recover the file page’s instructions very carefully.
- Before opening the company file, click Next and Save.
If you still can’t access the company file, QuickBooks Desktop’s installation process may be the real culprit. Such problems can only be fixed by installing a brand-new copy of QuickBooks Desktop after erasing all traces of the previous installation. To completely reinstall QuickBooks, use the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. Contact our support staff by calling +1-(855)-738-0359 if you’re still having trouble with QuickBooks Error Code 6123 0. Our customer service staff will look into the situation right away and quickly find a full solution for you.
You Also Visit this article: QuickBooks Rebuild Error 213